Monday, October 13, 2014

Breast cancer awareness month

Monday blog post #84

October is a world breast cancer awareness month. My involvement in breast cancer awareness started 4 years ago when I came to Doha and met Margarita from Ladies of Harley Qatar. She explained to me how they organize a kick off ride every year and that she is looking for more Ladies of Harley to get involved in that event.

This year I contributed with two illustrations, a pink lady  and a heart for the activities with the kids at the event. We had coloring sheets to color in and a badge machine for making badges with those illustrations. People could write names or draw something before assembling the badge so it is more personalized and made by themselves.

One couple told me how their friend was diagnosed with the breast cancer recently and they wanted me to sign the badge and write her name so they can give it to her. That touched my heart so deep.

The event took a place at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Doha on 10th October (my bday :)).

Pink Lady, original watercolor illustration by Dominika Bozic
Badge with Pink lady illustration


Ladies of Harley Breast Cancer Awareness Ride 

Ladies of Harley Breast Cancer Awareness Ride

Ladies of Harley Breast Cancer Awareness Ride

Ladies of Harley Breast Cancer Awareness Ride

Ladies of Harley Breast Cancer Awareness Ride
Photo credit:
George Delfino 
www.facebook.com/eyeshutters

My next event is on Saturday, 18th October from 11am until 4pm at Radisson Blu Hotel in Doha. I am participating in Doha Mums Autumn Market. Hope to see you there!



Sending you my smile with love,
Dominika

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10