Monday, September 16, 2013

In the corner of my heart

Monday blog post #45

In 2011 my friend Margarita invited me to join the group Ladies of Harley as I'm riding sometimes with my husband as a passenger. The group is very active especially when it comes to charity and since 2009 Margarita has been organizing the kick off ride for the breast cancer awareness month in October.

I joined them in 2011 and it is going to be my third year that I'm involved in this event to raise the awareness and money for the families in need who's members are fighting cancer. We are going to have an event on 4th October at the Ritz Carlton Hotel and everyone is welcome!

Little Pink Angel by Dominika Bozic details

Separate from that, I'm also working on my own project for the same purpose. I created this little angel illustration and I'm going to make postcards, prints, bookmarks, calendars with this image and the profit from the sale at the upcoming events and markets in October will go to charity.

I would like to share with you the creating process of my Little Pink Angel.

the sketch for the painting

After the first day
coloring her dress
adding more doilies
You are loved
Making a Dorset button for her dress
Adding a Dorset button, cute pendant for the heart and some lace 
And here is the final result
Little Pink Angel
mixed media
50x50cm
September 2013
by Dominika Bozic

Sending you my big smile with love,
Dominika

1 comment:

01 09 10