Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Exciting project: a hand painted skirt

Hi my dear friend,

My clients are so inspiring and innovative and I love when they challenge me to do new things.
These last couple of days I was working on a very exciting project, I was painting on a black skirt for the first time. The skirt was made here in Krakow by talented Tamara Matvisin so it was a collaborative work :D
For dark fabrics there are special opak colors to cover the darkness. I had so much fun because although I had in mind what I want to paint (it was an image I created last year for one of the Make Art That Sells Bootcamp assignments) I was changing it on spot and adding more details and things my client had asked for. Also it was a challenge to paint it because it had those two layers of tule on top. I used one of my new canvases and put it under the skirt so that I have a nice surface to paint on and I put cellophane in between so I don't destroy my new canvas.
So here it is!

hand painted skirt

detail of the skirt

detail of the skirt

detail of the skirt

detail of the skirt

my inspiration for the skirt
I would love to hear your thoughts about this skirt so please leave a comment bellow this post or send me an email at cherubins3@gmail.com or a drop me message on Facebook

Sending you my smile with love,
Dominika

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10