Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Hello from Poland!

Wednesday blog post #6

Hello my friend!



It's been almost three months since my last post. Hope you missed me :D
Why so long??? I don't know, it must be that I needed a break, a time to process the thought that I am from now on living in another city and another country, also a time to settle down at my new home in Cracow. After 4,5 years living in Qatar it was not easy to let go of things I built there. But the good thing is that we have internet and that I can still see my friends on Skype.

Photo from my vacation in Croatia - national park Vranjsko jezero

I have to admit that I've started falling in love with Cracow. I know it is early to say that, today is my 17th day here but so far everything is perfect. Even the weather, which I thought would be bad, is actually really nice and warm. I worn flip-flops today!

I am still exploring the city... and so far I have a feeling that this is such a cool city with a lots of cool places to see and experience, like bars, restaurants, small shops... 
I've also found out about one cool project started 2 months ago by one couple from Cracow called Eat Away. You basically go to their web site and choose the host and go to their house to have a lunch or dinner together. Hosts are usually local people but I think there are also expats who live here for some time too. So, my husband and I went to the brunch on Saturday to a lovely home of Kasia and Bartek who prepared a vegetarian food for us and it was amazing experience. It is a great way to meet local people and their lifestyle.

I've also joined volunteering group of locals and expats who are helping other expats with the problems they are facing once they decide to move here or who already live here and are having some issues. I volonteered to help with the art related things so now I am in process of getting to know about the art and culture in the city. 
My research started the first week when I arrived, I started looking for an arts and crafts shops and have already found few. And today I went to ul. Józefa which is located in jewish district and it is renowned for its artistic atmosphere, created by the numerous contemporary and traditional art galleries and shops. I took lots of photos of my favorite  shops so here they are...





























Sending you my smile with love,
Dominika

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10